Thursday, December 05, 2013
Download via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/subvert-sessions-podcast/id395437067
65 episodes in and the latest Subvert HQ podcast delivers more 170BPM themed high drama and intense melancholy in one tidy package. Featuring music from men of the moment Machinedrum, Om Unit and Etherwood to the always reliable ASC and Blu Mar Ten, we hope you enjoy this selection as much as we do.
01. SKV18 - Trampolin Queen [FREE]
02. Machinedrum - 11 Over Come [NINJA TUNES]
03. Machinedrum - Stirring [NINJA TUNES]
04. Jon Convex - With You (Kid Drama Remix) [Convex Industries]
05. ASC - Impasse [AUXILIARY]
06. OM UNIT - Governer's Bay [CIVIL MUSIC]
07. Homemade Weapons and Gremlinz featuring Collinjah - Afterdark (J:Kenzo Remix) [SAMURAI MUSIC]
08. ASC - Symmetry [VEIL/UNVEIL]
09. Etherwood - Spoken [MED SCHOOL]
10. Dominic Petrie - Empire [INGREDIENTS]
11. Dominic Petrie - Soho [INGREDIENTS]
12. Sam KDC - Ascetic [VEIL/UNVEIL]
13. Machinedrum - Gunshotta (Fracture's Astrophonica Remix) [NINJA TUNES]
14. SpectraSoul - Slippin' [SHOGUN AUDIO]
15. Phil Tangent - We Don't Talk Anymore [IM:LTD]
16. Hybrid Minds - New Orleans [SPEARHEAD]
17. Pennygiles - Stories Untold [IM:LTD]
18. Blu Mar Ten - Half The Sky [BLU MAR TEN MUSIC]
19. Etherwood - Falling Out Of Consciousness [MED SCHOOL]
20. Bass'Flo and Ziyal - A Temporal Existence [COSMIC ORIGINS]
21. Method One - Biscayne [AUXILIARY]
22. Method One - Under The Same Stars [VEIL/UNVEIL]
23. Depeche Mode - Agent Orange [MUTE]
Recorded: Nov 13 2013
The genre defying Synkro, in fine form. Look out for his latest release Lost Here EP, out soon.
Taylor Deupree - Negative Snow 
Synkro - Fading Lights
Kid Drama - In Mind
Indigo - Volta
Synkro & Manos - Lost Here
Abstract Elements - Acid Coke
Akkord - Channel Drift
Vaccine - Irradiate
Synkro - Look At Yourself [Djrum Remix]
Taylor Deupree - Shutter
Sieren - Untitled
Graze - Ripley
Trikk - Back To Back
Edmondson - Tendency
Sieren - Escape
Troy Gunner - When It Means Something Special
Aebeloe - Manon
On DECEMBER 4th, STUNNA kicks off the month with yet another very special edition of 'THE GREENROOM' on BASSDRIVE radio. For this installment, we turn our attention to a young producer on the rise who's put together an exclusive guest mix just for this session. I introduce to you: THESIS.
Hailing from CAMBRIDGE, UK, THESIS (aka MATT ANDERSON) is an ATMOSPHERIC/LIQUID DRUM+BASS producer who's been steadily expanding and evolving his sound over recent years. Taking strong influences from film and video game original soundtracks, THESIS is one of the few up-and-coming producers in D+B who is effectively bridging the gap between the ATMOSPHERIC and LIQUID FUNK sub-genres of the music.
Having been shown the basics of LOGIC PRO by a friend at university, and since then learning to use the software largely via a combination of trial, error and intuition, in more recent years, THESIS has been learning, developing and moving forward with his productions. Already attracting the attention and support from scene luminaries such as LTJ BUKEM, LOMAX, STUNNA, TECHNIMATIC, LM1 and METHODUS, over the past couple of years in particular, THESIS has matured his production techniques to a point where he has established his own original sound: a signature sound combining beautiful and ethereal atmospheres with deep, rolling, bass lines to create truly warm productions that envelop the listener with a full range of emotions.
Now following a string of releases on prominent labels such as SOUL DEEP RECORDINGS, ROTATION UK and DNBB RECORDINGS, THESIS is confidently making his mark in the scene with his uniquely ethereal and deeply soulful LIQUID sound. He is a producer who firmly favors 'quality over quantity' - with his own music as well as that of other artists in the mix. With fresh material currently in the works, as well as forthcoming releases on labels such as ADVECTION MUSIC UK and REMINISCENCE AUDIO, THESIS is truly one of the young, talented artists of his generation to watch out for. Tune in!!
1. Thesis - Beyond The Veil (Intro) - [dub]
2. Thesis - Lemuria Rising - [dub]
3. Thesis - Homecoming - [Soul Deep Recordings]
4. SpectraSoul - Alibi - [Critical Music]
5. Malaky - Sundown - [GLR dub]
6. Tokyo Prose - Rose Without Rain - [Samurai Music]
7. Thesis - Event Horizon - [Soul Deep Recordings]
8. Minor Rain - When Soldiers Cry (Stunna Remix) - [Rotation Deep UK]
9. Morcheeba feat. Judy Tzuke - Blue Chair (Silence Groove Remix) - [Free DL]
10. Naibu - Morning Calm - [Inside Records]
11. Seathasky - The Little Things [Monochrome Recordings dub]
12. Malaky - Connected - [dub]
13. Thesis - Eclipse - [Rotation Deep UK]
14. Scott Allen & Duoscience - Desert Moon - [Fokuz Recordings]
15. Dynamic & Command Strange - Your World - [Fokuz Recordings]
16. Thesis - Elevate - [Soul Deep Recordings]
17. Malaky - Forgotten Times - [Celsius Recordings]
18. Dave Hoax - Stone Circles - [Reminiscence Audio dub]
19. Tim Cant - Sacred Moments - [Influenza Media dub]
20. Parhelia - Orbiting The Pulsar - [Advection Music dub]
21. Thesis - Dreamscaper - [DNBB Recordings]
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Friction's Shogun Audio label has had a spectacular 2013 with releases coming from Alix Perez, Rockwell, Spectrasoul and Artificial Intelligence to name a few.
As well as hosting nights in London and Brighton this year, they added to their already impeccable list of artists, snapping up young Harrogate-based producer Joe Ford to join their team.
With previous material on Bad Taste and Hospital Records offshoot Med School, he's found himself garnering well-deserved attention within the drum 'n' bass world and his affiliation with Shogun will no doubt see his unique, forward-thinking bass productions progress even further.
His track 'Stride' is on Shogun's 'Way Of The Warrior 2' compilation while 'Instrument' will appear on 'Shogun Audio Presents: 2013' and the youngster has now turned in an exclusive mix for Mixmag.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
The CYN team steamroll into the festive period with Cyantific’s ‘Ice Cream’ b/w ‘Eski’s Song’
2013 has seen the CYN Label go from strength to strength and they’re ending the year with a blast. ‘Ice Cream’ - a favourite of the one and only Andy C - is a vintage slice of dance floor destruction. Displaying thuggish call and response, knock-out punches and the classic computer game stabs - ‘Ice Cream’ has got hoards of hungry punters chasing it down the street for one more taste.
The flip side sees Cyantific turn his hand to a deft and soulful roller. Smooth delivery laced with 80’s synth power and a nostalgic bassline makes ‘Eski’s Song’ transport you back to time where drum and bass was thriving and above all else, passionate. This show’s Cyantific’s ability to seamlessly morph yesterday’s textures with tomorrow’s sounds.
Get it when it comes out at all retail and digital outlets on Dec 9.
A new promo mixed by EHL ahead of Warm Communications upcoming release:
A. A Break From Ritual
AA. What A Little Moonlight Can Do [WARM027]
Out December 2, 2013 on 12" & Digital formats
Naibu - Just Like You [Horizons]
Rockwell - The Rain [Shogun Audio]
Hydro, War & Mateba - Entropy [Dispatch]
Overlook - Glass [Samurai Music]
Stray - The Pursuit [Warm Communications]
Overlook - Three Shards [Narratives Music]
Paradox - Scorpius [Samurai Red Seal]
Homemade Weapons & Gremlinz - Ruff Age VIP [Architecture]
Seba - What's Your Fantasy [Secret Operations]
Reza & Gremlinz - Thaw 
Unknown - Unknown [Warm Communications]
Jon Convex - With You (Kid Drama Remix) [Convex Industries]
Kid Drama - What Do You See [Exit]
Synth Sense - Trapped Within The Circuit [Auxiliary]
SB81 - Dancer In The Dark [Metalheadz]
Moresounds - Blood [Astrophonica]
Unknown - Unknown [Warm Communications]
Mako - What A Little Moonlight Can Do [Warm Communications]
Friday, November 22, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
They need little introduction. For those familiar with LTJ Bukem's Good Looking imprint back in the mid 1990s may remember Blu Mar Ten from those heady days. But their second coming came circa 2009 after establishing Blu Mar Ten Music. Soon, they released the albums Natural History (2009) and Love is the Devil (2011).
This month sees the arrival of their latest album, Famous Lost Words.
Featuring 13 tracks of pure and unapologetic drum & bass, the album inhabits a similar territory to the previous two; full of emotional movements fused with tough beats that reinforce BMT’s position in the genre as originators of complex, atmospheric music.
Famous Lost Words' 71 minute duration also features a collection of collaborators. ‘Thin Air’ layers the alluring vocals of Robert Manos atop a bed of whirling synths and rolling bass. Multi-instrumentalist and songwriter, Agné Genyté, injects a dose of soothing lullaby tones into ‘Somewhere’, ‘Break It All Apart’ and ‘In Your Eyes’, while long-time friend and label mate Seba makes an appearance on ‘Hunter’, whose growling bass and Bladerunner synths play to the strengths of both artists.
Stunningly beautiful from start to finish, Famous Last Words is easily one of the year's best albums. Go get it.
Vinyl / CD / Digital: www.blumarten.com/shop
Saturday, November 16, 2013
ASC - Lone Star [AUX]
Es.tereo - Ether [SAMURAI HORO]
Reza - Rain Giver 
Sam KDC - My Father's Son [FREE]
Faib - Angel's Lullaby [KOS.MOS]
Synth Sense - Symbol #9.1 [AUX]
Bija - Forest Consumption [FREE]
RQ - Paper Heart [TERRAIN]
Instra:mental - First Level 2B [EXIT]
Jason oS - Love And Hate [FREE]
Kiyoko - Something To Think About [SAMURAI HORO]
Ultracode & Furi Anga - Vertebrae Of Chaos [FREE]
Indigo - Keerthana [APOLLO]
ASC - The Noncolour Entity [VEIL]
Friday, November 15, 2013
No track list available for this one but listen to former Instra:Mental member (and sometime Kid Drama) Jon Convex get his electronic groove on. Funky.